

It is with unbelievable saddness that we announce the passing of the world's greatest mom. We miss her tons and love her so much.
Connie Burrie Kerr
Born in Logan, Utah on Apr. 20, 1954
Departed on Nov. 3, 2008 and resided in Bountiful, UT.
Visitation:
Friday, Nov. 7, 2008 & Saturday, Nov. 8, 2008
Service:
Saturday, Nov. 8, 2008
Cemetery:
Bountiful City Cemetery
Please click on the links above for locations, times, maps, and directions.
Connie Ann Burrie Kerr peacefully returned home to her Father in Heaven on November 3, 2008 after a valiant battle with cancer. She was surrounded by her loving family and friends.Connie was born on April 20, 1954 in Logan, Utah to Viva Leone Funk and George Jay Burrie. She spent her childhood years in Malad, Idaho after which she attended Utah State University and was a member of Alpha Chi Omega. Connie married the love of her life, Larry D. Kerr, August 7, 1976. They were sealed for time and all eternity May 19, 2001. Connie was a dedicated employee throughout her life and loved her jobs at Anderson Brody Law firm in Albuquerque, NM and for the Peoria Arizona school district. She was most recently honored to be the office manager for Dale Linton, D.D.S. in Bountiful, Ut.Connie has been a faithful member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and loved serving in many callings, especially with her husband Larry in a young single adult ward.Connie enriched the lives of family, friends, and all she came in contact with. She was an angel that everyone loved to be around. She is survived by her husband, Larry; daughter, Jacqueline (Jackie) Allen; son-in-law, Judd Allen; and her two grandchildren Christopher and Tyler whom she adored. She is also survived by her mother, Viva Burrie; brothers, Joe (Lynda) Burrie, Dee (Dennay) Burrie; and in-laws, Rex Kerr, Elaine Workman, Peggy (Mark) Earnshaw, Gordon (Karen) Kerr, Connie (Mike) Petersen; and many nieces and nephews. Connie was preceded in death by her dad, Jay; sister-in-law, Jan; and mother-in-law, Jean.Special thanks to the many friends and those at Family First Home Health & Hospice for their care and compassion.Funeral services will be held Saturday, Nov. 8, at 11:00 a.m. in the Bountiful Shadows Ward building, 1475 North 300 West. Viewings will be held Friday evening, Nov. 7, from 6-8 p.m. at Russon Brothers Mortuary, 295 North Main, Bountiful, UT and on Saturday from 9:30-10:30 a.m. at the ward building. Interment Bountiful Cemetery.In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made to the Susan G. Komen Cancer Foundation at www.komenslc.org.
Visitation:
Friday, Nov. 7, 2008 & Saturday, Nov. 8, 2008
Service:
Saturday, Nov. 8, 2008
Cemetery:
Bountiful City Cemetery
Please click on the links above for locations, times, maps, and directions.
Connie Ann Burrie Kerr peacefully returned home to her Father in Heaven on November 3, 2008 after a valiant battle with cancer. She was surrounded by her loving family and friends.Connie was born on April 20, 1954 in Logan, Utah to Viva Leone Funk and George Jay Burrie. She spent her childhood years in Malad, Idaho after which she attended Utah State University and was a member of Alpha Chi Omega. Connie married the love of her life, Larry D. Kerr, August 7, 1976. They were sealed for time and all eternity May 19, 2001. Connie was a dedicated employee throughout her life and loved her jobs at Anderson Brody Law firm in Albuquerque, NM and for the Peoria Arizona school district. She was most recently honored to be the office manager for Dale Linton, D.D.S. in Bountiful, Ut.Connie has been a faithful member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and loved serving in many callings, especially with her husband Larry in a young single adult ward.Connie enriched the lives of family, friends, and all she came in contact with. She was an angel that everyone loved to be around. She is survived by her husband, Larry; daughter, Jacqueline (Jackie) Allen; son-in-law, Judd Allen; and her two grandchildren Christopher and Tyler whom she adored. She is also survived by her mother, Viva Burrie; brothers, Joe (Lynda) Burrie, Dee (Dennay) Burrie; and in-laws, Rex Kerr, Elaine Workman, Peggy (Mark) Earnshaw, Gordon (Karen) Kerr, Connie (Mike) Petersen; and many nieces and nephews. Connie was preceded in death by her dad, Jay; sister-in-law, Jan; and mother-in-law, Jean.Special thanks to the many friends and those at Family First Home Health & Hospice for their care and compassion.Funeral services will be held Saturday, Nov. 8, at 11:00 a.m. in the Bountiful Shadows Ward building, 1475 North 300 West. Viewings will be held Friday evening, Nov. 7, from 6-8 p.m. at Russon Brothers Mortuary, 295 North Main, Bountiful, UT and on Saturday from 9:30-10:30 a.m. at the ward building. Interment Bountiful Cemetery.In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made to the Susan G. Komen Cancer Foundation at www.komenslc.org.
32 comments:
Jackie, So sorry to hear this. I know you and your mom were really close. I know she was an amazing mom and grandma to your boys. I will make sure to donate to the Susan G Komen foundation in remembrance of your mom. My thought and prayers are with you and your family. Sending hugs, Heather
God bless Jackie. your family is in our thoughts and prayers.
Jackie, I am so sorry to hear about your mom! You are in our prayers!
Jackie and Judd,
Words cannot express how saddend we are by news of your mom's passing. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
We love you.
Thank you so much for posting this. I loved being able to read it although I am so far away. Jackie and Judd I love you so much and want you to know I am praying for you and wish I could be there with you right now. It is hard to be the only one far away but I am here. I love Connie with all my heart, she is truly the epitome of love, kindness, and charity. I am a better person to have known her.
Wow...I cannot believe it Jackie! I am so sorry to hear of your loss! I hope you are all doing okay! We will keep you in our prayers!
I can't even begin to tell you how I feel. I worry about you and Larry more than anything. Please know that you are in my prayers everyday. Connie was like another mother to me. I am so saddened by everything within the last 2 months has brought to your family.
I feel so blessed to have the gospel apart of my life and I'm sure you do to. To know that there is life after death and that we could be families FOREVER and all ETERNITY. What a blessing it was that day in May 2001 to be sealed forever.
I love you.
Cherice
I was so sorry to hear about your mom Jackie. I will always remember her from Vykelles- such a supportive and upbeat person, who was always smiling! I hope you and your family are hanging in there, I am sure this is a rough time for you- my thoughts are with you. Meagan
Jackie & Judd:
Oh my goodness. Words just can't describe how we feel for you right now! Just know that we are thinking of you and praying for you and your family and sweet dad. Hang in there! We are so sorry for your loss and we love you guys. PLEASE let us know if there is anything we can do for you!
Jackie and Judd,
We are so sorry for your loss. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Jackie, i can't even imagine what it would be like to lose your mom. Words cannot express...
Love,
Tanner and Jennie Frey
Jackie and Judd,
All of our thoughts, prayers, and love.
We love your family SO much!
Jackie,
This is Michelle 'Downs' Parker, we really did get to know each other too well in the Bountiful 22nd ward, but I sure did have the wonderful opportunity to know you sweet sweet mother. For the short time she was in YW, and I was in the ward, your mother had befriended me in the most kindest way! She was full of kindness, smiles, devotion, and love! She would walk into a room and just have the biggest smile on her face, and you couldn't help but smile back. How greatful I am to have gotten to know a very very special woman! Connie will always hold a place in my heart, she had to put up with my crazy teenager days, and she did it so well, so much patience and love. I remember she was so proud of you and would talk about how much she loved you are your dad so much. It has been such a long time since I have seen her, but I still have so many memories of her, and I will always hold those memories close to my heart. I am so sorry for you, your family, and your dads loss. My prayers and thoughts are with you all. So very very sorry.
Love, Michelle
Dear Jackie and Judd-
We are so sorry to hear this news. Our hearts ache for you and your family at this time. May the Lord be with you at this time of loss and comfort you.
You are in our prayers.
Love, Stewart and Anne
Jackie
I hope you know we are thinking about you and love you.
Jackie,
What a wonderful blog tribute!! That Mom of yours was certainly a great lady. Your family is in our thought and prayers. Give your Dad a big hug for us.
Much Love, The Frampton's
Our thoughts are with you while you're there and hugs are waiting for you when you get back. Please let us help you with things when you get back. I'd be happy to take the boys if you need some time.
Jackie, So sorry to hear of your loss. We will keep your family in our prayers.
Jackie,
This is Hollie (Jackson) Parker. Michelle just told me the sad news and I had to leave you a comment also. I am SO sorry about your loss. The worlds loss. She really did touch the lives of so many people its incredible! She was my FAVORITE in YW's! She really was always happy and smiling! SO SWEET! I think you are just like her too. May the Lord bless you in your time of loss and sadness! What a comfort the Atonement must be for you guys right now! I just wanted you to know that we are praying for you as well!
Lots of love!
Hollie
Jackie,
This is Kylie "Downs" Cherry. I was told of your mother passing just the other day and my sister helped me find your blog. I'm so sorry to hear of this sad news. I loved your mother! She was always so good to me, I worked with her in many of her different callings in the ward, and followed her to the singles ward for a while. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time.
I have heard so many wonderful things about your mom. I wish I got to know her, but even though I didn't get the chance to know her I am still inspired by her. So many nice things are said about her and I only hope to leave a legacy like that. You have many people here in Saint Louis who are praying for you and that will be here ready to help you get through this hard time.
Jackie,
My heart is saddend with the news of your darling mom. She was such a wonderful woman who always had a smile on her face. I loved running into the both of you gettng your pedicures together! I love you and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!!!
Ashley Kurtz Christensen
Judd & Jackie,
We are so sorry for your loss. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
Adrien told me about your mom passing and I'm dorry to hear the news. Adrien told me that you and your mom were really close. My heart goes out to you and your family.
Adrien told me about your mom passing and I'm sorry to hear the news. My heart goes out to you and your family
Jackie and Judd-
We are so sorry to hear this news. We hope that you will be able to find peace during this hard time. It is hard to remember that she is in a better place, because you are going to miss her so much, but i know these words are true and they will help you...You are in our thoughts and prayers....
Jackie, I am so sorry to hear the news of your mother. My heart aches for you and your family. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Leslie Christoffersen Gurr
Jackie and Judd....your family is in our thoughts and prayers. Your mom truly was THE BEST! She always had a smile on her face and her happiness was truly contagious. What a blessing that your little boys knew her...even if it was only for a short time. We love you guys so much.
Jackie, We're so sorry for your loss. Your family is in our prayers.
Just randomly I found your blog. I am just so sorry to read about the passing of your mom. I just wanted to say that I'm sorry and hope you know that you are loved. We'll pray for you and your family at this time.
Love, Natalie (Bailey) Cottle
Jackie,
I think I'm in shock. I had no idea that Connie was going through this. I last talked to her about a year ago, I am so so so sorry to hear of her passing. I have always thought of your mom as a dear friend, and I will alway remember all of our MANY talks at work about how much she LOVED you and your little family. Spending every day for those few years sitting next to your moms side taught me a lot. My heart aches as I think of all the fun memories, but mostly just her kindness and catchy smile! She always made work that much better. I am so sorry, and my prayers and thoughts are with you and your dad. I feel blessed to have spend time with Connie, and she will be missed. Love, Andrea Dent
I hope you don't mind but I found your blog via Haily. I am so sorry for your loss Jackie. I am glad you posted something about her as I have enjoyed getting to know her through you since she is such an important part of your life. I am glad to see you again. Jeremiah was so glad to see Christopher again at school. You up for a mall trip again sometime?
Jackie,
e-mail me at kristinnwalton@yahoo.com and that way I can add you to view our blog. We just went private. Thanks! We love you guys.
Post a Comment